Spread the Word
Tell everyone you know that slavery still exists but can be overcome.
- Start a discussion by playing a Free the Slaves video where you work or study or live or worship.
- Pick a Free the Slaves book for your book club.
- Check out our teacher’s guide, student activities, and case study guides for classroom projects and our slavery in history timeline for student research papers. See our Faith in Action page for special Jewish materials.
- Visit our Facebook page or Twitter feed, then like or follow us, share our posts and tweets, and join the conversation.
- Sign up for our newsletter (below) and follow the FTS blog to stay in touch with the latest developments.
Make Abolition Possible
Be a mindful consumer, investor, or corporation by finding out if there’s slavery in your shopping cart, investment portfolio, or products.
Reach out to your elected representatives to let them know that fighting slavery is important to you. And help finance freedom for thousands each year by getting your community to contribute to Free the Slaves.
- Visit Know The Chain to see which companies are working to eliminate slavery from their products.
- If you work in a company’s purchasing unit, see our Becoming A Slavery-Free Business video to learn how to keep slavery-tainted materials out of your product supply chains.
- Contact your U.S. Senators and representative in the U.S. House and request that they support bills to fund America’s anti-trafficking initiatives.
- Donate to Free the Slaves. Spreading the word and supporting our advocacy calls to action are vital, but so is the innovative community empowerment work that Free the Slaves does to help slaves break free and stay free. See our Fundraiser Guide for running a mini-campaign of your own. Use our Razoo page to collect donations.
Do you have special skills that can help us free slaves? Check out current volunteer opportunities here.