This year marks our 15th birthday and two important milestones. In 15 years, we have helped free more than 10,000 people from slavery, and we’ve educated more than 100,000 vulnerable villagers to help prevent their enslavement.
You made that possible. Your contributions have been very important to our record of success. That’s why I am reaching out to all Free the Slaves supporters this fall to ask for your continued help in extending freedom to those enslaved and at risk.
When Free the Slaves started sounding the alarm in 2000, there was widespread denial that slavery existed. We heard: “Sure, there are exploited workers in the world. But certainly it couldn’t be slavery, because that’s a thing of the past.”
Yet over the past 15 years, Free the Slaves has successfully alerted the world that slavery still exists, and we’ve become one of the world’s most trusted and successful anti-slavery organizations. Thankfully, the days of denial are gone. We’re proud of our role in galvanizing a global response to modern slavery.
I invite you to visit our special 15-year timeline that details our remarkable results.
- We help those in slavery escape the brutality of bondage.
- We help prevent others from becoming ensnared by traffickers.
- We help officials bring slave holders to justice.
- We help survivors restore their dignity, rebuild their lives, and reclaim the future for themselves, their families and their communities.
- We help build alliances that strengthen the campaign against slavery.
I would like to also invite you to help us achieve even more in the years ahead, with a contribution to our 15 Years of Fighting for Freedom campaign.
You are the key for those who are trapped. Open the lock. Set someone free.